Powerboat for Sale: 1975 Lyman Sebring 19 Runabout Completely Restored
Lyman Sebring 19 Runabout
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Engine & Drive:
2007 Volvo Penta, V6, 225 hp., electronic fuel injection, fresh water cooled, power steering, hydraulic trim/tilt. Dou Prop stern drive with stainless steel counter rotating propellers. Warranty through June 2009.
1999 Shorelander galvanized single axle trailer
Custom fitted Stamoid mooring cover
"Commodores Choice" 2007 Lyman Boat Show, Wolfeboro, N.H.
Casey Yacht Enterprises
Lyman Sebring 19 Details:
Restoration on a 1975 Lyman Sebring 19 runabout has been completed at Casey Yacht Enterprises in Freeport Maine. This boat was built near the end of the Lyman era, and this design incorporates some of the finer points of the traditional Lyman with the modern underbody of today’s high speed hulls.
Some of the finer points of this Lyman feature fiberglass lap strake construction, flared bow sections, classical sweeping sheer line, a sporty windshield trimmed with teak, and a very cushy interior. But what makes this Lyman design different from the rest is the modified V section hull with a hard chine. This greatly enhances the planing and handling characteristics of the boat.
This model is powered by an Inboard/Outboard configuration. The power and reliability of an inboard motor, coupled to an out drive for more responsive steering and a trim feature, made for a very exciting 50 mph runabout.
- The restoration work took place over a two year period from 2005-07. “Everything” was removed from the boat.
- The boat was set into a strong back jig to retain the symmetry and fairness of the hull.
- Core Cell foam and fiberglass, composite construction, was used to replace the stringers, floor frames and transom.
- The hull was flipped over and the bottom was faired and spray painted with Interlux VC Performance Epoxy.
- The boat was then flipped back over and work on the decks began.
- Some areas of wet balsa core had to be replaced.
- The hull and decks were spray painted with Awlgrip paints.
- New engine, stern drive, fuel tank, wiring and gauges, and reassembly of the interior followed.